We've always bugged my dad about putting a pool in at my parent's house. I guess we should be careful what we wish for.

These pictures are from my parents basement, and the site of our indoor pool. And yes, that is a 20 gallon shop vac. And
goodness knows how many times I've filled/emptied it with the fury of Ida in the last 24 hours. Whoever did the rain dance is in big trouble. :)

There was water standing, and pretty much bubbling up before our eyes, in the basement. Merrick is pretty much the only person who thought
that was funny. He squished around the basement in his bare feet for hours. I think I've been cured of ever-as-long-as-I-live
wanting a basement. It kind of struck me as ironic that the bedroom in the basement is decorated in all manner of sea-creatures. :)

Thankfully our house, which I lovingly refer to as
The Swamp, doesn't have a basement. We could, however, go surfing in my front yard. :) Billy is just glad that the rain finally knocked all those hanging-on-for-dear-life leaves out of the trees.

The only problem is they are soaking wet, and it seems to have given them some kind of super-human sticky powers to get stuck all over every surface in sight
but the trees. Like my kitchen floor. :)

Also, I don't usually have my glamorous plastic deck furniture laying in the yard like that. But it was pretty windy too. The other chair was in a bush on the other side of the deck. I still can't figure out how we didn't lose the electricity...it seems to cut off every other weekend and holidays out here in the woods. :)

I'm really glad it wasn't worse than it was. We're still not sure what is going to happen with m parents' basement. But the vacuuming is to be continued...tomorrow morning and until the water stops coming in. Things already seem to be drying up a bit, I didn't even need my floaties to get to the car this morning.
1 comment:
Great slice of Life blog! I like the different fall leaf shots, though it makes me sad, they will all turn brown soon. I got a chuckle at how you list your blog and also...follow it! Ha! Peace. K
Post a Comment