Friday, November 27, 2009

New Moon

Over this past weekend everyone was Facebooking and tweeting about going to see New Moon. I was really jealous, since I was waiting to see the movie on Monday when my sister got home for Thanksgiving break. I have read all the books *cough*twice*cough* and forced my hubby to watch the first movie with me. I was the biggest critic at first...totally making fun of the Twilight craziness. I thought it was pretty cheesy, but then I decided I shouldn't knock it till I read it. I read the first book and really enjoyed it, so I read the other three very quickly after. *I love reading, and try to read in my very spare time after the hooligans have finally called it a night.

Billy was very gracious about seeing the first movie, and didn't even make fun of it...much. ;) We both thought it was a pretty good movie, and were interested to see if the second movie was good also.

We went out for another one of my sisters' birthday dinner and then to the movie with a bunch of friends. I thought the second movie was great, minus a few cheesy parts that made Billy nauseous, and me throw him a dirty look or two. He was pretty well-behaved, for a man forced to watch a sappy vampire movie against his will.

My sisters and I were probably the ones not behaving. But that's nothing new...it's like reverting back to our childhood when we get together...joking and laughing and even embarrassing Billy because we are "so loud". Oops. And I tend to get a little excited when I can do something that doesn't require me to bring the diaper bag along. ;)

I definitely enjoyed the movie, and am interested to see how the 3rd one will turn out. It's also been fun having all the sisters *all 5 of us...yes, my poor brother ;)* together again for Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!

1 comment:

Susan Kimmel said...

So glad yall had a blast!! :)