Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No Shoes...

Lately, my sibs have been raving about these shoes called Toms.I was kinda not paying attention at first, and I kept hearing about these shoes that were for a good cause, were cute and really comfy. Zoned out, like I said, until Billy started looking at them online yesterday. (I've had other things on my mind...like trying to keep shoes on Merrick, for one thing.)
Traditionally...I think the female is supposed to be the shoe lover in the relationship. Us? Not so much. Billy is the one always wanting new shoes. Sure I like shoes...but when you are 5'9" and wear a size 9 you feel like you and your feet are long enough that you'd rather not draw any extra attention to them. Plus I usually invest my shoe money in things I can run in...which does not include heels. I'm not that coordinated. ;) Plus when you are already as tall as your husband, flats it is. I barely even wore shoes in my wedding...and usually avoid them if at all possible. :)

Anyway...looking over his shoulder I noticed how cute these shoes were. *in my opinion anyway...and they look comfy and flat. :)* Maybe my sisters were right...usually the cute shoes they are talking about don't look comfy, and would add unwanted many inches to my already really-tall-for-a-girl height.

As we browsed around we read up on the Toms movement, as they call it. *Click on the Toms picture above to check it out.* Every pair of these shoes that is sold, they send a pair of shoes to a child who needs them. They have lots of different colors and several different materials and styles. Just thought I'd share the info...I was really excited about the website and what they are doing.

I know I complain about Merrick constantly taking off his shoes, but looking at it from this perspective I'm glad we are blessed enough that we have shoes. This seemed like a pretty good excuse to buy some shoes to me. :)

3 comments:

Susan Kimmel said...

I know i love TOMS my hubby and i have a pair...and we are thinking about getting a set for christmas cause its such a great cause! Have you watched any of the footage from the shoe drops?? its so cute!

Erin said...

When you are 5'9 you are supposed to wear a 9. Being 5'5 and wearing a size 10, now that is a bit conspicuous.

Rob said...

I don't own any Toms but I love what they do. The founder, Blake, was on the Amazing Race. Monica and I rooted for him and his sis to win. I got the chance to meet him 3 years ago at a conference. He's good people.