Most kids sleep with stuffed animals...I think that's pretty normal. Merrick started out with just a few of those. Most of them were gifts from people when I was pregnant with him, or brought to him in the hospital. There was even a special Sad Sam stuffed dog that was mine as a kid. It seems fitting that there are several wild jungle animal beanie babies thrown in from the aunties, as well. :)

However, as his
love obsession with Tractors and anything with big wheels has grown, he insists that those be added to the giant mess that is his crib. Sometimes I can barely see
the mattress for all the various items that he deems necessary to get a good nights sleep. Lately, he has even wanted to add a book or two,
about tractors and trucks, of course, to his wooden-railed pile of stuff.

This is usually what he looks like when I leave for him to take a nap...driving a tractor along the rails,
or the wall, that my bed is right on the other side of. *Often I'm rudely awakened by the the sound of his feet kicking the wall, or one of his many bed-ridden vehicles driving right next to my head.

I am glad that, at least, it keeps him quiet. He used to wake up screaming for me to get him out. Now that he has something to keep him busy I have a few minutes before the "MOMMY OUT!!!" starts. :) I have always heard the color green is peaceful...in our case it's
John Deere green.
1 comment:
I love this adorable set of photos.
Post a Comment