Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Don't Step on My Grandmas

That sounds like something you already know. It's probably not nice to step on Grandma. Depending on the grandma, you might get swatted. I wouldn't want to step on either one of my grandma's. One probably would swat me, the other can't really see well enough to know who might have stepped on her, so you might get away with it.


But in reference to "grandmas" we aren't talking ladies with walkers or who make knitted hats, or even one of those grandmas who spends her retirement in Florida. Definitely not one of the ones who gives the kids too many sweets or buys them toys they don't need. We're talking about Merrick's plastic nativity set.

Yeah, I was confused too. But apparently, nativity sets are called "grandmas". I figured this little riddle out one morning when I couldn't figure out why Merrick kept telling me "not to step on his grandmas". And then I was yelled at moments later for "picking up his grandmas". That finally clued me in.


The only reason I can figure he thinks a nativity is a grandma, is that he got it from his great-grandma. When you're 3, I suppose that makes perfect sense. And who am I to argue with a 3 year old? He's always right. ;)

Check out more shots at Perceptive Perspectives, Sweet Shot, Trendy Treehouse , and Simplicity 
(The last shot is my pick for this week)

No comments: