Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Glorious Mess.

Christmas is a lot of fun. There's so many warm fuzzies flying around...it's hard to resist. Some people do, but it's hard. I read a quote recently that said, "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don't clean it up too quickly." / Andy Rooney



I think that says a lot I need to hear. Christmas is a glorious mess, in a lot of ways. My kids make a mess, I make a mess, you're surrounded by your family (who if they are like most families, can be kind of a mess psychologically speaking ;)...and for some reason we love that mess.







We've just finally finished cleaning up the Christmas mess over here. It made me think of that first Christmas, and what a mess we are without God, and what a mess He's cleaned up in me. He still finds a mess often, daily even, but thankfully He sees past all my mess, and calls it glorious. I want to see the "glorious in the mess" around me, too.


Check out more shots at Perceptive Perspectives
(The last shot is my pick for this week)

No comments: