I know I'm infamous for hating snow (which we have several inches of right now...it's been falling for 3 years. Ok, about a day, whatever). But it is kind of fun being stuck at home with nowhere to go (for a limited time...the kids get way too crazy after about a day of that).
Yesterday we dug out (if you're from above the mason-dixon line, please stop laughing...I know it's not much) and drove to my mom's house. It was a long, dangerous, icy drive. Kidding, it was five minutes down the road...which was mostly clear, except for what I think were a couple of ice cubes.
We ate, played a new board game called "Last Word" (as if I need a game to make me try and get that. Ahem, I won. But that's beside the point, sort of.), we ate some more, got some Chinese food from the only place in the county that is open in this "blizzard", and then had dessert cuz we haven't eaten enough the last 3 days.
It was fun, arguing was at a minumum except while playing Last Word, and only one minor altercation broke out. (We mean business playing a board game) And as much as I hate snow, I'm kind of grateful for the chance it gave us to slow down and have one more "day off" this holiday season, enjoying some of our favorite things together..like, eating and being competitive.
Hope you were able to enjoy it too! What are some of your favorite things to do on a snow day?




No comments:
Post a Comment