I keep hearing the quote in my head from The Grinch that says "And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow...". No, I'm not the Grinch, but I do hate snow. *ducking* I mean, really, it's gross. I liked it when I was a kid, and I'm really not sure when I stopped liking it, but I did.
Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you like it. I do wish people would stop praying/rain-dancing/begging with God for it to come our way...but I don't mind if you like it. That is until I see those little flurry fluffs of sky-dandruff raining down on me. Those deceivingly pure-looking frozen water monsters out to get my already cold toes.
I think I'm just bitter about it, if I'm honest. I'm bitter that I don't get a snow day. I've never gotten a snow day. (Someone please call a counselor, this is about to get ugly.) I was homeschooled, (which I loved, fyi) and my mom missed the memo about "snow=no school", I went to a university that shared my mom's snow policy, and now I'm a SAHM, Snow day for everyone else is code for "help me I'm stuck in the house and the kids tied me up in the closet". Ahem, mom if you are reading this...I love you. :)
I'm really being dramatic, but honestly I think me and snow might get along a little bit better if I hadn't been deprived of my human right to a snow day. Hopefully with a little counseling and a snow day or two I'll be on the road to recovery. But I'm not sure me and snow will ever be able to look each other in the eye again without some tension.




No comments:
Post a Comment