I recently started following a blog called A Holy Experience. It's written in such a way that every time I read it I cry. In a good way. The way this lady writes...I just get. It hits home, it makes sense, and she says it so beautifully.
Last week she wrote a post on emptiness. On how God uses those empty spaces, those deep soul shaking aches within us to play a song. That the hollows are where the beautiful melody can resonate, and He can be glorified. (Think of a guitar...what would it be without the hollow space?) When I'm full of myself, there's no room for His song.
It blew my mind, and continues to make me teary every time I read it, because of how true, and how right now needed, it is. This is a lesson I'm learning. But I'm still at the stage where I'm not wanting to let myself be emptied. Still clinging, I'm so not willing, but then I am, but then I'm not. I talk big, but I'm scared to take the first step. Isn't there an easier way, God? Will it hurt? Do I have to let go of the things that won't fill me anyway? Yes.
Don't be fooled. I'm not going through anything that bad, I am so blessed. I'm just so stubborn and I never learn. But maybe I do, just so slowly. But He reminds me that He's not going anywhere, and has all the time in the world to make something beautiful out of me, something He already sees.
Check out this song that Voskamp's blog post included, both of which say all this much better than I could...



No comments:
Post a Comment