Thursday, April 21, 2011

They Do

Last Saturday I blogged that I was shooting a wedding. It was the first one I'd done (I was shooting along with several other photographers) and I was really excited to have the opportunity to get into this genre of photography.


It's one of those things I've watched people do, and wondered..."can I do that?" Honestly, it was a bit stressful at first. But once I got into it, I remember thinking "this is something I want to keep doing".


I was nervous as first, but as one friend kindly pointed out to me, nerves are something that help keep us from relying on ourselves. Something that keep us humble.


It was originally supposed to be an outdoor ceremony, but anyone who lives in this area knows we had about 10 confirmed tornados on that day. We had a big fail in the weather department. But the venue that they had booked had a great reception hall that worked beautifully for the ceremony and reception.


We were able to sneak outside for a few minutes to get a few portraits done, but for the most part stayed indoors. I'm glad I had the experience first-hand learning to work a not-so-fabulous weather situation.


The one thing I wasn't expecting was my ridiculously sore legs (give me a break, I did squats off and on for 7 hours straight) and back. But other than the following two-days of hobbling I really enjoyed the wedding, and am looking forward to the rest of the weddings we've got planned for the summer!


Photography and editing by Austin-Lee Barron. Photos property of Nuvoria Photography.

No comments: