Thursday, April 14, 2011

It happened.

I feel like I've joined some elite club. I belong to an organization that before I wasn't part of. My kid finally colored on my walls. I know it happens, to most moms probably, but at this point we had avoided it.


I was busily burning DVD's for photography clients, with my permanent marker by my side to label them with. I was so busy organizing, feeling like I was accomplishing something, that I didn't even notice when a little hand snatched my marker. And very quietly (They are capable of so much quiet when they are up to no good. Can I get an amen?) colored several walls, the kitchen floor, a couple doors, and his own skin and shirt.


I didn't even notice until he proudly showed me his new "tattoo". And then I happened to notice he had tattooed several other surfaces as well.


I guess I will learn my lesson (to pay attention) one of these days. Hopefully before more redecorating at the hands of a Sharpie.



No comments: