Monday, September 2, 2013

I WIll Not Get Baby Fever...

It seems like there is a plethora of babies right now. Everybody's havin' one. I occasionally think: "maybe..." Then I remember the giant child I gave birth to about 20 months ago and think: "no way, Jose". This little guy, though...

I did a newborn session for this guy about a week ago, and he was so sweet. He pretty much slept the entire time (perfect!) and only peed all over his mama once. ;) For a newborn session I'd call that great. He let me put him into all kinds of baskets and crates and even a suitcase, and just went with it.

I am really glad I got to do this session. Newborn session can be some of the toughest sessions, (I think next to engagement sessions...for some reason those bring out the awkward in almost everyone, except for these guys.) but this one went really well. I didn't sweat profusely or feel like crying or anything...which is what happened when I did this session some 20 months ago. ;)
I love our family, just the way it is...but great newborn sessions like this one definitely make baby fever hard to resist! Thanks to this little guy's family for letting me document this sweet time in his life.

2 comments:

Tara O said...

I get baby fever occasionally too. I didn't have 'giant' babies but I did have rough pregnancies, 3 of which didn't end well (ie..no baby). I might have had a giant baby if I had carried my oldest to term. Preemie 6lbs 6oz and almost 20" long. HUGE. That baby is now expecting his first child with his fiancee (they find out whether it's a boy/girl tomorrow). I wish they didn't live so far away.

These pictures are GORGEOUS!!

*Jess* said...

you did an excellent job! Newborns are HARD work in the photography world! Outside of it, too :) Please don't have another one quite yet... I might feel obligated to be your pregnancy buddy again :P