Friday, February 28, 2014

Fried-day

It's been a looong week. Nothing particularly crazy happened. Well, a lot of this:
And some of this:
(The above "this" being homeschooling, and that particular picture was of the kiddos watching an eagle nest cam. There was a camera streaming footage of an eagle family, who have one baby eaglet hatched, and are sitting on another egg waiting for it to hatch. Tirzah's face kinda says it all. But it was a fun deviation from our "normal" school day.)

We also had a little of this...which comes with the territory when you are a mom of boys. Particularly boys who are obsessed with all things superhero and ninja turtle. You never know where you might find an action figure. Another example: the other day while getting ready for a run, I realized Captain America's shield was being stored in my shoe. You just never know...
In the busy of this week, I have stopped and noticed just how much this kid is growing up, though. He offered to help me with random things for no reason, has cleaned his room without me asking, and is yet again growing out of all his clothes. It sometimes sneaks up on us fried busy moms...how fast these little reasons for our being fried are growing. (He didn't know I was watching...those always make the best pictures of hooligans.)
There was some cold sunshine...and thankfully the kids are so ready to be outside that they braved the cold, insisting it was SOOO WARM out there...right. (But it's quiet in here while you're out there, so help yourself.) I did end up being alerted by Billy that they had left their coats outside overnight, in the rain naturally, on one of these excursions. That was a muddy little surprise.
We did a little bit of extra-kiddo-watching Wednesday and Thursday, but that was fun and kept the kids busy...so I'm not blaming the below picture of what I ate for dinner last night on that. I'm blaming that, as well as every ounce of baby weight I gain, on Billy. He had a 12+ hour workday (not uncommon) on the day I was watching two extra kiddos, and figured correctly that I hadn't taken much time for anything but snacking and eating kids' leftovers, so he showed up with that at 8pm. I did manage to eat half the milkshake before the vultures swooped in. But they're scared of onions so I did get to eat all of those myself. I do occasionally outsmart them.
I'm looking forward to *fingers crossed* some downtime this weekend. It's been a whole lotta crazy for about a month. And next week, Wednesday to be exact, we get to go take a look at Baby Four and decide if Tirzah is going to continue to be outnumbered, or if the ladies are going to lay down the law around here. Either way, we are just hoping for a healthy happy ultrasound, where no kiddos break any expensive medical equipment. (We like to take the hooligans to the 20 week ultrasound. We tend to do things that are a little crazy, and remind our doctors who exactly it is that keeps them in business, and also why they'd like to retire early.) So stay tuned...we can't keep a secret around here (except for that time we didn't tell anyone Jericho's name until he was born. How did we manage that?) so I'm sure you'll find out about as soon as we do. Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

oh yeah... I forgot you kept Jericho's name a secret :) I have to say, not finding out with my 3rd pregnancy was kind of fun. But I don't know if I'd do it again.