Yesterday I spent all day thinking it was Monday, when it was actually Tuesday. Now that we have slowed down...just a bit...after the giant moving flurry of the past week and a half, I'm having trouble keeping up with what day it is. We packed and moved stuff, and cleaned the new house all week last week, and spent the whole weekend unpacking and moving the big furniture and trying to get settled. (I'm really OCD about being able to be comfortable in my "space", and have spent the last few days driving Billy absolutely crazy making sure everything is clean and neat and put away. I'm a self-admitted neat freak, and have never been able to relax in the middle of a mess. So I knew the sooner I got it all done the better for all involved.)
Well, it's done for the most part. We do still need to paint/clean at the old house, but thankfully my ridiculous need to keep a house clean has made cleaning up the old place look like a piece of cake. ;) And according to my husband I'm not allowed to paint...so I get to skip that part too. I guess that's a win win for me. (Our previous landlord wants the whole place repainted white...I guess he doesn't appreciate hot pink walls in the master bedroom. haha.)
We are all enjoying getting used to the new location. It's come with some ups and downs...downs being realizing Jericho loves to lock himself in my bathroom, and that Merrick and Tirzah having their own claim to the upstairs means living under what sounds like a herd of elephants playing drums and setting off fireworks...ups being a lot of things, but mostly that its way bigger. The washing machine is even bigger. Oh and I don't have to hand wash dishes anymore. Dishwashers are pretty awesome. ;)
So grateful to have all that moving stuff mostly behind us. Looking forward to getting a little bit rested (if that can actually happen when you have 3 kids and are pregnant) up and back into the swing of homeschooling and normal life in general. (Thankfully we only missed about 3 days...the kids told me this morning, "but we thought we were never doing school again, mom?" Uh, negative on being a kindergarten dropout, thanks.) I'm sure there will be a lot more real camera pictures of the new place to come, but my camera back in in the closet and getting it out right now feels too much like unpacking. ;)
2 comments:
I am sorry if this post twice. I tried to post but in their words, Something went wrong. =)
Super cute place! You have done a great job making it look warm & inviting! Enjoy being where the Father has you!
I love the space and layout, but miss the turquoise walls at your other place. I am sure you will continue to make it comfy for your family!
Post a Comment