The other night, while we were doing a classic bread and milk run before the snow, I decided to make rice kripies treats on a whim. (We weren't really doing a bread and milk run...I just happened to need to be at Walmart at exactly the worst possible time in the world...before a snow storm in the south.) I'd never made them before, but they seemed pretty impossible to mess up, although if anyone is up to the challenge of a kitchen disaster I'm your girl! I even threw in some food coloring and sprinkles for fun. (You can't tell so much from this angle, but they were pink with red sprinkles for Valentines Day. I'm a HUGE sucker for Valentines Day. Although awkward displays of emotion are totally NOT my thing...so it makes no sense. It's gotta be the candy...that's the only thing I can figure. Chocolate makes cheesiness perfectly acceptable. And the fact that red and pink really aren't supposed to go together. I like rebels...and Valentine's Day's color scheme is definitely marching to the beat of it's own drum.)
The kiddos all liked them, which is not a common occurrence. Someone always doesn't like something...and when it comes to sweet stuff usually it's Tirzah. Freak. ;) And when I say kiddos I count Billy too, because he ate more of these than he would probably like me to publish on this blog. He used to always make these in high school...although probably not covered in sprinkles and red food coloring.
I think I've passed the Valentines Day excitement down to the kiddos...who are all excited about celebrating, (and by celebrating I mean getting a surprise and eating candy) and extremely disturbed by the fact that we do not have a gigantic flag hanging off our house with hearts on it like our neighbors. I do have to draw the line somewhere, ya know.


1 comment:
Those sound pretty darn good right now. That last photo is too cute.
Happy Valentines day to you and your family..
Hugs~
Post a Comment