Wednesday, June 4, 2014

32 Years and 33 Weeks

I was thinking about my last 8 birthdays...the ones since Billy and I were married. (Our 9 year anniversary is coming up in a week, on June 11th.) I realize I've been pregnant for half of them. That's kinda crazy. I'm at that point in pregnancy where you begin to believe you will be pregnant for the rest of your life...can you tell? I do try not to be a whiner, cuz whining is annoying, so I will only say this once (I hope): Everythinghurts. Ok. Carry on.
Thankfully I had one of said birthdays yesterday (the big 32!)...so it was nice to be distracted from the usual routine of dealing with 3 hooligans, and growing hooligan the 4th. Speaking of hooligans (this is kind of off the birthday subject) while at my checkup yesterday, my doctor says while listening to Amaryllis on the doppler, "Well...this baby is WILD. It's no wonder you are having so many contractions. It's like having sand in your eye...everything is all irritated." Those really weren't the most comforting words she could have said to me, but I'm glad that Lady A is apparently a very energetic and healthy girl.
We didn't do too much for my birthday. Billy has had an insane schedule this week. (A good problem, but one that makes me feel like a single parent a lot of the time.) So he was gone before we were even awake and didn't come back until dinner, which is earlier than he usually gets home. He left me a yummy breakfast in the fridge and a card. I had gotten my birthday present early (see last post) but the kids were still a little concerned that I wasn't opening presents. They did help me blow out my candles in my coffee cake, though. Then we went to the gym, had a good run, went to gymnastics, and then had dinner and ice cream with my family.
I was grateful and blessed to be surrounded by my kiddos all day on my birthday. I know the day will come when they may be all over the country, or even the world, and I won't get to kiss their dirty sticky faces whenever I want. Or snuggle with their just-woken-up warmth first thing in the morning. Or listen to their little voices singing "happy birthday dear mommy". So I think, as far as birthdays go, even though I am gigantic and grumpy, it'll be one I never forget and always remember as one of the best. 

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Almost there!! and you have every right to complain :) I don't miss being pregnant one bit!