Monday, June 2, 2014

Newest Member of the Family

No...not that one. ;) I'm referring to my birthday present. (My birthday isn't until tomorrow, the 3rd, but we have a history of doing birthday gifting early around here and this birthday was no different.) I am thinking this little guy will fit in nicely around here. We have lots of stunts that can use capturing with a camera that I'm not worried the kids will break. Billy has always talked about how awesome GoPro's are...but I was finally convinced recently, and so a little fairy brought me one for my birthday. (Although I see it being confiscated by husbands and children as well, as you can see.)
We haven't gotten to do too much playing around with it yet, but so far it's been a lot of fun. It's got a waterproof case, so I can imagine you'll see lots of crazy pool stunts this summer too. You've been warned. (And knowing my eldest child, it won't be for the faint of heart or people who get dizzy easily.) Here is his first video. He recorded himself doing a flip on the trampoline...but hit the stop button mid-flip, so you miss the ending. But I'm sure it'll happen again. We also want to get some more gadgets for it, so that it can be more hands free.

My birthday is one of my favorite days of the year. Yes, I'm a 5 year old when it comes to birthdays. I like to make a huge deal of out of the kiddos birthdays, too. And when it comes to birthday gifts, I'm a big sucker for gadgets. (I mean, I love jewelry and pretty things like any girl, but if you give me a choice between something sparkly and something electronic...I'm probably going to choose the gadget any day.)
I'm pretty excited about all the fun new ways we can use this to continue to overshare to all my friends on social media, and I apologize in advance for things like this:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday.. That looks like a fun gift.

Hugs~