Monday, June 16, 2014

Now It's Summer...

It seems like it's always "officially" Summer when you can go swimming. We are members of the Y, and for some ridiculous reason they seem to like keeping all their pools indoors. (I know I know, you can use it year-round...but we wanna swim outside in the sun!) There is one outdoor YMCA pool we can use, but it's 30 minutes away near my parents' house. By the time I lotion up 3 kids and get out there it's already been a long day. So since we knew we would be out that way yesterday, we planned to swim at their neighbors' pool.
Neither one of the 3 amigos know how to swim...a problem I am hoping to remedy this Summer. (I mean, cuz having a 4th baby isn't enough to do in one Summer, right?) But they still love to go to the pool. I would feel a lot better if they knew how to stay afloat, though. (If anyone has any pointers on what you did to teach your kiddos to swim, besides hundreds of dollars in swim lessons, feel free to pass it on! Right now, my kids are experts at the floatie-death-grip...but that's about the only swim stroke they've mastered.) They may not be Michael Phelps quite yet, but I am looking forward to lots more fun in the sun with these wild animals this Summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my son was little he never took lessons. He just sort of learned by going to the pool every day! God bless you for trekking to the pool with three little ones. You are amazing.