Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Growing Pains

This guy...he's growing way too fast. I'm never more aware of that as I am when I am sneaking peaks at him when he doesn't know it. He's going to be seven this year...SEVEN. I was looking at his feet the other day. They are huge, and they look like a teenager's feet. I'm not ready for him not to be a little boy. He lost a second tooth late last week. Have mercy already! He made himself breakfast yesterday morning...and ate every crumb of the 3 waffles he toasted.
While he is growing up so fast, too fast if you ask me, he still has the sweetest, most innocent heart. He does know how to pick on a sibling or two, and can throw a mean pout, but will be the first to say "mom, I'll do that for you", or "mom, do you want me to get you anything?". Every night before he goes to bed he spends a few minutes talking to his baby sister (Amaryllis)...telling her he loves her and can't wait to see her cute face. He's already great big brother to her. I can't wait till he actually gets to see her. I'm sure that'll be here before I blink...so I'm trying to enjoy all the time I can with these "babies" before the next one gets here.

No comments: