But speaking of balloons, and boys...that past Friday was a very special day around here. It was wild man Merrick's 2nd Birthday. I feel like we've been in the terrible 2's since he was about 9 months old, but now it's official. I'm not so sure how much more terribly wild and crazy it can get, but I know he always surprises me. And I wouldn't really call it terrible, because we are having way too much fun for that to be the adjective I would use. :)
For example, on his 2nd birthday: he escaped out the back door three times before lunch. (Yes, I finally got a clue, and am now using the deadbolt that he can't reach, yet...:) Next, he set one of his birthday balloons on top of his 3-month-old sister's head, then smacked the balloon off of her head and across the room. I didn't realize a head could double as a golf tee, but Tirzah is fine, btw, she didnt even notice. Tough lady. ;) And further tee-ing up off his sister's head has been prohibited. :)
Here is a shot of him, looking something like King Kong in Grandma's driveway, before his birthday party:
It was a great party, and lots of great friends and family showed up to help us celebrate 2 years with Wild. We are looking forward to lots more...we just hope we can keep up with him. :)At I Heart Faces this week the theme was *Balloons*...check out their site for lots of great pictures!

22 comments:
Love your pictures.. they are so much fun... thanks for commenting on my blog last week :)
I really like this picture. He is too cute, isn't he? Oh my. I don't know how you could ever say no to that sweet face : ). Good luck with the twos! The two's weren't so terrible for us, but the three's were a little more stressful! I think they should change the name for it!
I had to smile. I can feel his excitment. What a wonderful capture, nice work.
I love this shot!
The post processing colors are my fav!
I'm a new follower! :)
This is so cute. You can just see his excitement! Only a two year old can get so thrilled over such a simple thing.{ well, mine is of a three year old who is also very happy!}
Fantastic colors, I really like it!
Oh, I really like this photo! I love his expression - so fun. And your edit is just fabulous!
Darling! I love his enthusiasm. And the subdued colors. Great shot!
Great photo, I love the muted colors, and especially the expression on his face!
I think this is a great pic:) I also love the colors and the evergy and excitement Merrick is showing:)
We've also had plenty of B-day antics. Chris got a baby carrots stuck UP his nose during his 2nd birthday party.... yes, with his friends and other moms around!! Now, there's excitement:)
what a cute little fellow! i like the composition of your photo and i always like black and white :)
thanks for commenting on my post - i appreciate it!
he looks so excited!
great capture!
You can surely see all the fun he's having through this picture! Very cute.
What a great expression! And I have to laugh at the balloon boy reference, since he lives in my home town.
I love your positive, sweet attitude about the "two's." Sounds like lots of fun around your house. I LOVE THIS PHOTO. Great job!
Haha - so cute! He looks soooo excited!
Such a GREAT picture! I love it!!
Love your title. :) I wouldn't be able to resist either. His expression is so cute!
Thanks for stopping at my blog!
That is such a sweet little face! I love the colors of this shot and how the one red balloon pops.
Beautiful shot!
adorable expression! love the processing here too. :)
Great shot - I can feel the joy. Cute little guy too! :)
Post a Comment