Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feed Me

Merrick is a man of few words. He didn't start really talking well until the end of this summer. He is finally now starting to string some words into sentences, and to start saying his words so that more than me and his dad can understand them. It's such a cute phase...and I find myself getting upset when he masters saying another word correctly. *Yeah yeah, I know...I shouldn't want my child to say his words incorrectly forever.* Anyway...he's taken to showing me, not telling me, when he is ready to eat. Sometimes he'll say "Mommy, hungey" (which means he's hungry) but several times lately I've heard him in the kitchen, climbing into his highchair, waiting for the food to appear.


I think he is of the mindset "if you build it sit in it, food will come."

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sooooo cute! My "baby" is just at the very end of this phase, and I'm so sad. :-( She no longer says "bubble you" for "w" or "wex" for "x". :-(

She does, however, still say her k's as t's. We visited a new church Sunday, and they made thankful turkeys. I noticed hers said "Tara" on it. I was puzzled--don't know anyone named "Tara". Maybe they got hers mixed up with someone else's. Then I realized she had told the teacher "Cara" (our cat)! So cute!

In Everything said...

I love their little talk as well. I have been accused of asking them the same question over and over just to hear them answer :)

Just wait until they can open the fridge and help themselves... LOL!!

Suzanne said...

It's a good thing you have a nice, sturdy high chair!