Saturday, November 21, 2009

Toothless No More

Tirzah has been stringing us along for some time now. Kind of like when we were waiting for her to make her appearance. She waited until the last minute, and we were sure she was going to bypass her due date. She made it with 30 minutes to spare.
We've been doing the same thing waiting for her to get her first tooth. Yes, she's got her first tooth, and she's barely four months old. Some kids are nearly a year and aren't teething. How did we get so lucky? Well...our kids are just carnivorous like that I guess. Merrick had his first tooth a bit later, but he had all his teeth soon after, and got his molars without so much as a whimper. I just happened to notice them in his mouth one day when he was yelling. Go figure. :) Tirzah didn't teeth so silently, and has been whining, chewing her hands, and drooling us all into a puddle for what seems like 4 months. :)

*It's hard to tell from the picture...but it's finally broken through her gum. I'm sure there will be better tooth pictures to come as it keeps coming in. I never fail to document absolutely everything you know. ;)*

I barely recognize her without her whole fist stuffed into her mouth lately. She has even shoved it so far into her mouth that she gags. Merrick is all too happy to help with this, and has had to be reminded many times not to stick his fingers down his sisters throat. :) He's so helpful.

I'm glad for her sake it's finally broken through. I just hope our wardrobes survive the drool that's sure to come with the next teeth.

4 comments:

friendofAslan said...

Your mom DONE GOOD, yes she did, and so are you!

Love,
Jogga

friendofAslan said...

I have completely lost the blog that I was commenting on, so I think I have this in the wrong place. It was the one where you were almost becoming your mom. Anyway, I can't figure out how to move it. Have a happy Thanksgiving with those precious two; I can't wait to see them again.

Margaret

In Everything said...

How did I miss her big Blue eyes... they are adorable:)

And I'm glad that first broke through... sad that she is fussy with it though!!

Mine all teeth really late... like almost 10+ months when they get their first teeth... at first I'm a little disappointed but then I realize it's better b/c I'm usually still nursing:)

Again, super cute and sweet pics of your precious Tirzah:)

puna said...

Awww...and so it begins:)