I thought maybe Merrick would like to go, after finally stopping to read the flyer. He loves playing with the other kids in childwatch when I go work out. I mentioned it to Billy, who did not want to go, but cannot resist my great husband-convincing skills.
So Saturday was the big day. We packed up and headed out to the Y. First they served a little lunch: Doritos and cookies, with a side of one bite of turkey sandwich. Merrick was wondering why on earth we don't have this for lunch every day. Sorry kid, only on days we are wandering around the yard at the YMCA looking for plastic eggs.
They did a craft before the actual hunting of the eggs. As you can see from the shot below, Merrick doesn't do crafts. I suppose it runs in the family. My idea of a craft is changing my blog layout.
The egg hunt was fun though, for Merrick and I at least. Poor Billy's allergies are really kicking him right now, so he just sneezed and carried Tirzah the whole time, but was a good sport about it. Merrick found 5 eggs...which in my opinion makes him some kind of egg-hunting child prodigy of course. I'm so proud.
Not sure where the concept of hunting for eggs at Easter came about, but it's a good excuse to have a fun family outing. Well, if you don't count the sneezing. Next year we'll be sure to include Claritin in our Easter egg hunting plans.Check out Household Diva's Blog for more mamarazzi shots. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment