We had Tirzah's 9 month check up recently. The only thing that saved us from the usual screaming was letting Tirzah play with a tongue depressor, which she proceeded to wave and point at everyone like it was a scepter. She handled the shots and finger prick pretty well, which was also the usual. Give her a shot, but don't you dare measure her head circumference. Are you crazy? Everyone knows having your head measured is torture.
I thought all was well. She was band-aided up and we headed home. I went to get her out of the car and gasped. My sweet girl had blood all over her face. It was so sad, and I was really confused. I then realized she was so quiet on the way home because she was busily biting her band-aid off her pricked finger, which was still bleeding a little bit. That, along with how much she is drooling, smeared it all over her face until she looked like she had a blood mustache/beard.
While you can't really see the blood in this picture, you can see her band-aid that she had been gnawing on, and you can tell she wasn't bothered by it. Hence the title of this post. I told Billy about what had happened and he was really upset, saying it was "so sad" like I had at first. But you can't help but laugh at the things that go on around here. I mean, we are ridiculous. Really. But we love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment