Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flying Cows and Cousins

Technically there weren't any flying cousins...but last Saturday at the airport my parents manage there were flying cows. From Chick-Fil-A...even better. :)

They hold an annual "Cow Drop" at the airport...which is a festival they put on with Chick-Fil-A where they drop an airplane-ful of stuffed CFA cows out at a target. People buy the cows like raffle tickets and if your cow is closest to the target...you win all kinds of goodies. Fun stuff.

They have various festival food *this year they had fried oreos...I need a triple bypass just typing that* and blow-up stuff for the kids to fight over, face painting, balloon animals and free cake. *Who in their right mind doesn't love some free cake?* So we used it as a good opportunity to catch up with my cousins who are here from out of town.

Merrick and Avery, my cousin's little girl, had a great time playing with each other. Not sure about Avery, but I successfully sunburned Merrick for the first time. I felt so bad. I know he will have many more sunburns...but I was sad that this one was totally my fault. He's such a good redneck though...with his little farmer tan. ;)

Other than the sunburn, and a few of those people that show up at festivals wearing things that should not be worn anywhere *much less in public where there are children and adults who now need counseling for goodness sakes* we had a great afternoon of hanging out in the sun, ducking falling cows, and ya know...eating free cake. :)



This week at YouCapture the theme was "yellow". Check out the link for more shots...that are probably more yellow than mine. Cuz I think I failed at yellow. ;)
Photobucket

No comments: