Thursday, May 6, 2010

Friendly Competition

Growing up there was always a festival in the Spring in my home town. It was called the Heart of Virginia Festival. I have so many good memories of hanging out with friends, eating bad food, watching fireworks, etc. This year we made some new memories at the festival.

This year we got talked into running the 10K that is hosted by the festival. I've run 2 other 10K's, one of which was just recently with my husband. So we were both excited *yes, we are some of those crazies who like running, most of the time* to run this one with a bunch of friends/family and a little healthy competition.

We all talked plenty of trash before hand about how we were gonna beat so-in-so...but we really all knew the 2 top contenders were my younger sister, Amanda, and my other sister Anna's fiance. And yes, they both beat the rest of us...but I console myself with the fact that I could see my sister the whole time. Last race we ran together there was no seeing anything but a blur running into the distance.
This race was much more hilly than the race I ran last month, so I was really excited to beat my previous PR despite the hills and dodging a lady who was losing her breakfast because of said hills. *Last race was 47:55, this race was 47:38. I was paced to beat it by more, but I caved and walked up part of a hill. But it was a big hill, ok?*

We all finished and everyone was happy with their times. This is a shot of the whole group...even the hooligans who came out to watch mommy and daddy race. *This was the first time they'd watched us race...I was so excited for them to be there.* Several of us placed in our age groups *I got 2nd in mine...yay!* and all of us were within the top 4 in our age groups. We all were pretty proud of ourselves. And as is customary around here...

...you must have recovery Chick-Fil-A following a race. ;)


This week's theme at You Capture was *Spring...again :)* Check out the link for more shots and blogs!
Photobucket

No comments: