Saturday, May 29, 2010

While you were not sleeping...

I blogged recently about how well Merrick has been doing in his big bed. People warned me that there was some kind of honeymoon phase with moving your kids to a big bed. They were right.

Honeymoon's over. I think Merrick is becoming an insomniac. He likes to spend his time-formerly-known-as-naptime dismantling furniture and ridding the toy box of its clutter.

It doesn't seem to matter what I say or do, (or lets just be honest, threaten), he still treats nap time, and occasionally bedtime, as optional. I cannot comprehend this, since I would kiss the person who stuck me in a room, alone, and told me to sleep until I woke up. I would kiss them and nominate them for the Nobel Peace Prize or something.

I know that naps are wasted on the young and destructive, however. What I would kill for makes Merrick cry and whine. I have resigned myself to letting him stay up, wandering and playing, as long as he is IN his room with the door closed so I can put back what he has put asunder in the rest of the house, and wash all the dishes and clothes that he has covered in food. Oh, and take a shower if I happen to have a second. ;)

That's another thing...I would love someone to force me to take baths before bed every night also, but I guess when you are 2 it's much cooler to wear your dirt like war paint.

No comments: