Friday, December 7, 2012

Great Wish Wash

At the beginning of this week, we had the chance to go to Great Wolf Lodge. My mom has always wanted to go (she's a big kid at heart) and I've heard a lot of great things recently from friends who have been. It's pretty expensive, so I never would have gone on my own, but thanks to mom getting a huge room (and a homeschool discount) we got to tag along. The hooligans are forever in her debt.


And although I'm aware that it's called the "Great Wolf Lodge", Merrick was convinced that it was the "Great Wish Wash", and it was so funny that I didn't even bother to correct him. I love the goofy things he says. I rarely correct him because, hey, free entertainment. ;) The hooligans had a blast as you can see. They wore themselves out (as you can also see from Jericho's nap on the floor by the pool, above) and wore everyone within a 50 yard radius out.


I think I spent a total of about 60 hours catching hooligans at the bottom of the slide. Merrick would make the "journey" as he called it alone, but Tirzah needed a spotter. Merrick told me that he usually sang "on his journey down the slide"...not sure if this was to keep some fears away or just to keep himself busy. But whatever works for you I guess. He went down some of the bigger slides with his auntie, and I was really impressed with how brave he was!


They also really enjoyed the nightly story time. But Merrick was completely disturbed that the reindeer (who looked suspiciously like Rudolph) was not being called Rudolph. They called him Rowdy or something I didn't quite catch. But Merrick kept telling the lady reading the story that that was not Rowdy, it was Rudolph. Because see? He has a SHINY NOSE. Oh well, if a reindeer with an identity crisis is our biggest issue, I'd call the trip a big success. Especially since Tirzah requested that we "stay here forever". :) So until next time, Great Wish Wash!




2 comments:

*Jess* said...

YAY! I am so glad you got to go! And you got amazing pictures! Have your kids asked yet when you can go back? :) Mine have. Every day.

Unknown said...

Now that looks like a blast. I just love the photo with all the kiddos in the goggles. So glad to see you had a great time..

Hugs~