Friday, December 14, 2012

How Rude.

I did a lot of shopping online this year. I love going out and browsing around the mall this time of year, but hooligans and malls don't mix. Specifically when it's mostly just me vs. 3 hooligans. Billy is a big help when he's home, but with his schedule he works at least 6 days a week, so if I'm waiting for him I'm not getting much shopping done. So online shopping it is.

This lead to a lot of questions from the hooligans, though. One morning when they opened the door there were a few boxes on the porch. Merrick was excited about brought them in for me, but Tirzah was really disturbed and kept trying to put the boxes back outside "where they go". Then the other day there were a few things on the porch when we got back from the gym. Merrick exclaimed, "WHY does someone keep leaving stuff on our porch?!"


I think they thing our porch has become a dumping ground for someone named Amazon. One day I'm sure they'll grow to appreciate being dumped on this way.

5 comments:

In Everything said...

Too funny:)

I"m doing a TON more shopping online. Not just dragging kids along but it's easier to conceal what we're giving them when they aren't standing next to me. And one year, I just brought them to the store and had them PICK their gift... soo sad since they then had to wait until Christmas and there were NO surprises:( But they got what they wanted;) What Momma's have to do when Daddy's work hard!

*Jess* said...

I have had to think up very creative lies to keep my big kids from thinking that their Christmas presents are NOT in all those boxes that happen to get delivered AFTER school for some reason. "Oh, look! Daddy got a new computer part that he ordered!" only worked for the first couple of boxes. Darn those smart kids!

Unknown said...

I am just cracking up cause of the look on your little girls face. Too funny. I just love to hear the things your kids come up with. I am so excited I will have my grandson here for a whole week. I can't wait.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Haha, so funny! :) Your kids are soooo cute!

Tara O said...

This totally made me laugh out loud. Kids are so cute! (I think that is what keeps them living, they do cute stuff in between the tantrums and acting out....if they didn't, *they* would get left out on the porch....LOL! I am JUST kidding, sort of.....).

I always do online shopping. Living overseas left us little choice. Living stateside in a non-retail friendly area while dh is overseas has left me even less choice. Amazon it is....and Best Buy.