All that rambling above is just to say that, finally, Jericho has decided said siblings are not always a reliable source of getting stuff. He's decided to venture out on his own to get what needs to be gotten. At the ripe old age of 11 months and 4 days, he finally started crawling. He had been doing a weird little schooch/pivot/roll to get around before, but it was highly uneffective in getting to things, since when one is rolling they never know where they might end up (under tables, behind furniture, etc). Crawling is much better. Here is a little clip of what my life is going to look like for the next little bit. ;)
Monday, December 10, 2012
I'll Get It Myself.
Jericho will be a year old in less than a month. *I did choke back a sob as I typed that. I almost erased it.* He has started out this life labeled (appropriately) as a "big baby". And with this status seems to go the idea that big babies tend to be a little bit lazy. I can vouch for the lazy, although I'm not sure it it's because he's big, or because he has two older siblings who bring him anything he whines in the general direction of. They might rip each other's hair out, but they will fall all over themselves to get him something he wants.
All that rambling above is just to say that, finally, Jericho has decided said siblings are not always a reliable source of getting stuff. He's decided to venture out on his own to get what needs to be gotten. At the ripe old age of 11 months and 4 days, he finally started crawling. He had been doing a weird little schooch/pivot/roll to get around before, but it was highly uneffective in getting to things, since when one is rolling they never know where they might end up (under tables, behind furniture, etc). Crawling is much better. Here is a little clip of what my life is going to look like for the next little bit. ;)
All that rambling above is just to say that, finally, Jericho has decided said siblings are not always a reliable source of getting stuff. He's decided to venture out on his own to get what needs to be gotten. At the ripe old age of 11 months and 4 days, he finally started crawling. He had been doing a weird little schooch/pivot/roll to get around before, but it was highly uneffective in getting to things, since when one is rolling they never know where they might end up (under tables, behind furniture, etc). Crawling is much better. Here is a little clip of what my life is going to look like for the next little bit. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Jericho!! I babysit two 9 month olds who are pulling up, cruising, and taking steps independently. Jocelyn isn't anywhere near pulling up! (And I'm secretly glad!)
Oh my! You are killin me with the cute. Way to go Jericho!
PS. It is only natural to want to erase the first sentence. Time goes by so FAST, chica. I never believed it until I had children.
It is a little heart breaking.
I could sob for you....sigh. This year HAS flown by. It has.
He's adorable. Hey. Emily was crawling at 6 months, on her feet cruising at 7.5-8 months and REFUSED TO WALK UNTIL 18 months. Go figure. And she was NOT big. Little. Bitty. Thing. Some kids have a more laid back personality and I suspect that might be your little one's personality. Emily is NOT laid back. She is just stubborn.
Post a Comment