Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's fun to stay at the...

...YMCA! Billy, Merrick and I spend a lot of time at the gym. I love working out, and lately we've been taking Merrick to swim at the pool also. At our local Y, they do something called Member of the Month. I've never paid much attention to it, until this month when I was nominated and won. I think people at the gym just must have felt sorry for the pregnant girl who frequently gets stuck between the machines. ;) They give you a free t-shirt, which is kinda cheesy, but at least it's colorful:

and also a certificate:

They put your pictures on a bulletin board as well...which kinda made me cringe just a bit. ;) It was a nice little extra birthday surprise, though. It was nice to know people at the Y noticed how crazy obsessed dedicated I am to working out. ;) Billy was proud of his treadmill-fiend wife, but commented that he thought they should give us a month of free membership. I, however, will just be happy with wearing my yellow shirt and putting my certificate on the fridge like a kindergartner. :)

2 comments:

Rob said...

Congrats. That should go on your resume. How many people can say they have that award? I don't think our Y has that award.

Jennifer Strosnider said...

you are cute. and also crazy. and you put me to shame... i am so out of shape! haha. i'm just praying that feeding the kid will suck the pounds right off... i'm not much on diet OR exercise. i love you you crazy healthy girl you!