Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't Say Butt

I was raised in a house where we weren't allowed to say *butt*, when in reference to your behind. :) That was one of the many things we weren't allowed to say. I won't get into all the other things we weren't allowed to say, except I did once nearly disown my brother, who tattled that I had called him dumb, which I definitely did, which is another don't you dare say it in my mom's house. *Sore subject, of course not. I've long since forgiven my tattling little brother. ;)*

I haven't really carried over the no-butt rule in our house, but maybe it's because they really aren't old enough to talk really well and worry me with what they are saying. It may also be because sometimes butt is the only word can think of, that I don't feel bad about saying, to describe how my kids are acting. :) *They are cute, and I love them dearly, but boy are they loud and opinionated. ;)*
Speaking of said hind parts...here's a shot of Merrick, in one of his calmer moments. It's of the back of his head, of course. I got lucky with the I Heart Faces theme this week...which was "Tooshies". I think even mom would approve of the word Tooshie. ;)

22 comments:

Taylor said...

That is so cute!

In Everything said...

fun....

We already have a list of words that we don't say.... and my kids will correct us over and over i they hear it. If the president walked into the room and said, "Oh my gosh!", my kids would jump all over him in a heartbeat!!

I find though that they don't really say things that they don't hear often. Guess that is modeling for you:)

Unknown said...

What a little sweetie : ) We can say butt in our house but no one really does! Lately the word FART has been sending everyone into hysterics! Boys are so funny!

Carrie said...

Oh, how sweet. I love the processing and the peace it gives the picture. What a great job! Good luck this week!

tiarastantrums said...

your little man looks pretty relaxed

Puna said...

I am so glad to see an example. I was a little bit squeamish about the challenge this week:) I like yours...but I don't think my kids will let me take photos of their butts.

Nicolemiko said...

Very cute tooshie. I love this photo.

Buckeroomama said...

Cute, cute, cute! :)

Crystal Rae said...

I shall call this one Trampoline Tooshie! LOL love it.

Jo said...

I have trouble getting my toddler to cooperate for photos so most of mine with her are by luck! Very cute!!

Julie said...

Wonderful photo! I love how the sun shines on his blonde hair!

Lorena said...

Very Cute! =D Kids love playing on trampolines! =)

Unknown said...

There is something about this picture that I just LOVE! great angle and perspective, and the light is so pretty!

Tezzie said...

Sweet photo...love the story it tells :D

Diana said...

Very cute Tooshie shot! ~Diana

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

This is so cute!! Beautiful tones :)

April W said...

I like this photo. What a beautiful view from where he sits! I like the processing you did as well. Thanks for sharing.

Annette said...

Ha ha, I had a long list of taboo words when I was growing up, too.

Cute shot.

Marice said...

awww so cute! :)

u may view mine here

Jack Fussell said...

cute photo

Mandi said...

Cute. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have REALLY enjoyed reading up on yours. I'm married to a christmas scrooge too :-). Well he might like christmas music though (depressing?? really???) but he's definitly not into the decorating.
Your photography is beautiful...I love how you take your DSLR everywhere with you. I need to get better about that. I'm trying to, but a point and shoot is just so portable :-)