Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Friendly-ish Competition

I love holidays. They are fun, cozy, crazy, busy and relaxing all at the same time. I especially like holidays because the whole family is back together again, thanks to breaks from school, time off work, etc. Our family always loves a little friendly out for blood competition when we get the chance to hang out.

This past Thanksgiving week was fun because my sister, Amanda, was home from LU, along with her boyfriend. Billy and I are usually up to our eyeballs in diapers and baby formula, so it was a lot of fun to hang out with some other adults *and I use that term loosely on all of us...because I still don't feel like an adult 90% of the time ;)* and have a good time. The guys got to go climbing on Wednesday, and we got to cook all day. *I'd much rather have been climbing myself, but don't think the boys can handle Thanksgiving dinner on their own. We'd probably have had Wendy's or something. ;)*

Amanda and I did challenged the boys to a best-out-of-three game of pool after all our slaving away in the kitchen. It was fun, and we were sure of our win, until the last minute. We decided they couldn't handle a loss, and it would be better to let them win than to hear the excuses they would make if we beat them *wink, wink*.
It was fun, and we are looking forward to putting the boys in their place sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Have I told you lately how much I enjoy your blog, cause I DO! :)

Concord Carpenter said...

A girl pool shark