We went to the mall yesterday for a little last minute tantrum-throwing in public, I mean shopping. *Merrick seems to get a kick out of doing things in public that he never does at home, simply because I think he knows I'll be caught off guard and distracted. Someone please comment and tell me this is normal 2 year old behavior...so I feel a little bit sane?* And against my better judgment I let Merrick ride the swine-flu mobiles in the middle of the mall.
It did let him get out a bit of his seemingly endless energy. Along with his cousin, Chase, he very effectively rubbed his little hands all over every possible surface of the car rides in the mall. He stopped just short of licking one of the cars. He wasn't very happy with me for stopping him...and therefore chewed on his fingers instead. Sigh. I think he was just trying to impress the little brunette that was following him around. ;) Really not sure why kids needs to put their mouth on everything. Except green vegetables. There are some things you just don't eat. Shoes, rocks and bugs are OK...but broccoli? No way.
I do sincerely hope the head-to-toe hand sanitizer bath following this little joy ride will save us from the clutches of the flu this week before Christmas, or anytime for that matter. I'll be praying and fasting, and spraying Lysol. ;) Hope this finds all of you healthy and enjoying the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment