I'm happy to say that this little experiment went much better than the last kitchen-related experiment. My sister and I got together and made our first batch of peppermint bark earlier this week together over wedding plans. *She's getting married in March...so exciting!* It was kind of nice because since I don't like peppermint bark...I didn't even eat half the ingredients, like I always do with cake batter and cookie dough. We hope that Grandma enjoys it. That woman has a sweet tooth that can't be satisfied...but she's very picky. I think I'll let her taste it before I tell her I made it myself. ;)
Saturday, December 26, 2009
One of Those People
If you read my blog you may remember the last little baking attempt with the 6-layer-cake turned 3-layer cake. That wasn't SO bad...I mean, the 3 layers turned out ok. Maybe in the long run my waistline will thank me for only having half a cake anyway.
I decided...after seeing way too many people baking and making presents for the holidays that I was going to take another crack at making something in the kitchen besides a big mess. Don't get me wrong, I can cook pretty well for the most part. I just get really distracted if a recipe takes too long, and also my kids get pretty loud if a recipe takes too long. I used to cook a lot more fancy-shmancy stuff before the kids came along...but Merrick won't eat it, and Billy isn't really impressed with anything that doesn't include grease. ;) I kind of feel like my efforts are wasted, even though Billy assures me that he really likes when I go all out with dinner.
So I came across a recipe on a blog that I really like to read for Peppermint Bark. I don't like peppermint bark. I guess this may come from the fact that, well, I don't like peppermint. I hate candy canes...and frankly even most mint gum makes me gag. I do love white chocolate...but even the chocolate won't make me eat peppermint bark. But...my grandma loves it. This blogger made it look so easy, so I decided I could be one of those people. The ones who actually make Christmas presents. I've always thought those people were so creative...they make me jealous.

I'm happy to say that this little experiment went much better than the last kitchen-related experiment. My sister and I got together and made our first batch of peppermint bark earlier this week together over wedding plans. *She's getting married in March...so exciting!* It was kind of nice because since I don't like peppermint bark...I didn't even eat half the ingredients, like I always do with cake batter and cookie dough. We hope that Grandma enjoys it. That woman has a sweet tooth that can't be satisfied...but she's very picky. I think I'll let her taste it before I tell her I made it myself. ;)
I'm happy to say that this little experiment went much better than the last kitchen-related experiment. My sister and I got together and made our first batch of peppermint bark earlier this week together over wedding plans. *She's getting married in March...so exciting!* It was kind of nice because since I don't like peppermint bark...I didn't even eat half the ingredients, like I always do with cake batter and cookie dough. We hope that Grandma enjoys it. That woman has a sweet tooth that can't be satisfied...but she's very picky. I think I'll let her taste it before I tell her I made it myself. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment