Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Kiss'um & a Happy New Year

I can't believe it's already been a week since Christmas. This year was so much fun with our two kids, and all of our families close by. The budget was uncomfortably tight this year as far as shopping went. But when it came down to it...we didn't even miss the extra spending. I guess sometimes it takes outside forces to help you slow down and realize what it's all about.

Christmas was so much fun with Merrick being a little older this year. He loved the snow we had, (and I definitely let him eat lots of it, and stomp in it until his socks were soaked) and he had a great time opening his presents, and anyone else's he could get his hands on.

Tirzah wasn't really aware of what is going on...but apparently gift bows make a great snack, but are infuriating when your mother puts one on your head. Sorry...I had no idea one could be so touchy about gift bows on their head.


The hooligans really didn't need excessive gifts, and neither did I, to enjoy this holiday season. *Although I got some very fun things...like a LensBaby!*

I think it's easier to stop and realize what is important once you have kids of your own. Just being with them, and all of us healthy and close to each other...is present enough. We've had a crazy year...Tirzah's birthday, Merrick's 2nd birthday, a brief hospital stay for Tirzah, increasing busyness at work, lots of traveling for work, various illnesses and other stuff, but...lots of great stuff.

I know one day my sentimental outbursts may make my kids roll their eyes a bit..."Why is mom crying...again? Happy tears kids."...but for now they are blissfully unaware. ;)

I've been so stretched, stressed, refreshed, exhausted, satisfied, taught, and blessed this year. I can't wait to see what the new year holds for our crazy little family.
To quote Merrick..."Merry kiss'um" and a Happy New Year y'all! :)

No comments: