I've never been a gardener. I think I've mentioned that before. I once tried to grow Morning Glories, which I'm told by my hubby are pretty much weeds. How did they do? They never sprouted. I can't even grow weeds.

Thankfully my husband, and not me, is helping get the family land ready for my sister's wedding in two weeks. They planted some new grass, tore up some ugly old roots, and put in a bunch of flowers. I'm told they are called Mums...who knew. I just called them "the purple, orange and red things".

I think my kids kind of miss the concept of gardening, anyway. Anything I planted, and managed to grow, would most likely be trampled. Merrick walked outside, saw the flowers, and said "I step them?" Heavens, no. Papaw, who payed for these so-called Mums, will skin you, and I don't mean that literally. Maybe when they get older we can kill some weeds together.

But for now I think I'll just stay out of gardens and flower beds. It's not healthy. For the plants, that is.

But thanks to Billy and my dad's hard work, I think the yard is going to look great for the wedding. As long as I stay
far away from the mums. And Merrick, too, for that matter. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment