Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Tutu, and Leaves for Lunch

I usually just snap random shots of my kids. I'd never actually thought to try an actual photo shoot with them.

I have noticed in the past, that sneaking up on them is the best option. I'm getting lots of practice with candids, which are my favorite anyway.

Usually when I do pull out the camera, and they notice, all hints of what I was trying to document disappear. I start to see the back of heads. Hands go over faces. Children run screaming...ya know the drill.

I have always wanted some girly shots of Tirzah. Since a lot of my shots of her include some farm equipment her brother owns. So the other day we donned the tutu and went outside on the front porch. It went pretty well considering it was nap time, Merrick was trying to tackle her, and she never stops moving for .5 seconds. Oh, and that she was eating leaves while I was shooting. But everyone needs their fiber, right?


The Paper Mama

(The 2nd shot is my pick for the Paper Mama photo challenge)

No comments: