I put up a good fight. Really I did. But I do believe summer is officially gone. Wanna know how I know? This showed up at Starbucks:

I think it would be very difficult to drink a pumpkin spice latte if it was still "summer". I tried my first one this week...I nearly gagged. I know it's hugely popular, and I
looove all food relating pumpkins, but I think the coffee/pumpkin combo was too much for my young coffee addiction.

Another sign of fall's arrival? Our family Labor Day get together. We have a family gathering for
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Someone lost a tooth? Party! Someone fell down the stairs? Party! So it's only fitting that this fam should welcome fall with a party.

Ah yes...another great way to know fall is here. Target's hysterical halloween shirts. They drive my mother
insane. Every year she says to me "stop dressing your kids in those ridiculous ghost-y things!" Sorry, mom...I am enough rebel that I cannot resist a skull with a cute pink bow on it's head, and Merrick is definitely the creature from next door. ;)

And a definite favorite sign of fall around here? College football. We love some college football around here. Me and Billy even agree on a team. *Hook 'em Horns!* (Pro football is another story. One Cowboy and one Redskin make for many arguments.) What are some of your favorite signs of fall?
No comments:
Post a Comment