Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vengeance...sort of.

Around this time last year Billy and I ran a local race together. I recall, um, barely finishing. For a girl who loves to run, and has been running since college...I was pretty not happy. It did not matter that I had just had a baby 8 weeks before.

Billy and I ran this race again together just last weekend. This time? I finished a whole 9 minutes faster than last year. I felt much better.

My hubby was excited for me, and didn't even grumble...much. He even tweeted about my 1st place finish in my age group, and that I got first place female from our county.

I was super excited about my little medal, and the cool plaque that they gave me. I realized, though, that as exciting as all that was...I'm still just "mom" when I get home. My kids promptly tried to eat my medal, and the plaque? It's already collecting dust in the closet.

I'm hoping maybe one day my kiddos will be impressed with their mother's running "career", but for now? They're just interested in what's for breakfast when I get home from a race. ;)

No comments: