Growing up Dad always used to fuss at me when I didn't wear shoes. I
loved not wearing shoes in the summer. I do notice myself fussing at Merrick to wear his shoes when he goes outside though. I think, now that I'm a parent, I realize that I'm not
really trying to ruin his life, I'm mostly just trying to prevent a trip to the hospital to have something removed from his foot.

I try to be understanding of my little redneck children, though, and let them go shoeless as much as possible while it's warm. This recently got me into a little bit of trouble, however. I got "reminded" that Tirzah needed to wear shoes while at the Y. (In my defense...they don't require shoes unless they are walking, and she started walking all of a sudden and I cannot remember everything.) And Merrick has gone shoeless for so long that he decided to go the other extreme and wanted to wear nothing but snow boots...in August.

Thankfully, as with most things they do, this seems to be a phase. Tirzah has gotten used to her new shoes, and even brings them to me so I can put them on her. Merrick has now moved on to wearing his sandals again...
but with socks. I think I prefer the snow boots. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment