Lately we've been doing this awesome study with our students called Wired. It's by Louie Giglio, and it's part book, part devotional. It literally has 2 sides, which did confuse the students at first. *Wait...why is the back of my book upside down?!* But each day we are meditating on a Psalm, and more specifically an attribute of God that stands out to us in that particular Psalm.
Today, the attribute was Supreme. In all the craziness that is two kids under two, and both of said children having colds, working part time, driving all over creation for work, and work at the church on weekend, sometimes I feel like I can't catch my breath, let alone sit still long enough to focus on one thing. *I've gotten up probably 10 times already in the process of trying to write this blog. Once because of this:
(Merrick decided it would be more fun to climb into the saucer with Tirzah. :) It took me forever to get him out...they were both stuck. Also, forgive Merrick's just-took-a-bath hair. haha)
During the course of this crazy day...I realized *while listening to this song by Hillsong United* that God is Supreme, even in my chaos. Even when I am busy...He's still in control. I can still rest in Him, even when I get 4 hours of sleep at night because the babies are sick. God is supreme, even in the craziness of my life. And it all makes sense to Him. What looks like a mess to me, when given to Him, will work together for good.
In the quiet
In the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored
When You call I won't refuse
Each new day again I'll choose
In the quiet
In the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored
When You call I won't refuse
Each new day again I'll choose
There is no one else for me
None by Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise
None by Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise
In the chaos, in confusion
I know You're sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me strength to do Your will
When You call I won't delay
I know You're sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me strength to do Your will
When You call I won't delay
This my song through all my days
All me delight is in You Lord
All of my hope
All of my strength
Forever more
All of my hope
All of my strength
Forever more
2 comments:
Very encouraging! Thanks for the uplifting reminder. Mom life gets hectic fast; but it's great to know God is in control!
-Merrick is a trip; I love the picture of him and Tirzah sharing the saucer!
Great post! I'm not familar with Wired. I'll have to look into that.
Post a Comment