I've always read that when you are trying to lose weight, pregnancy weight in my case *or my "Tirzah Shae" as I like to call it. ;)* you should reward yourself with something other than food. I had a few I was trying to lose after having Tirzah, so my sister and I decided that we would reward ourselves with getting our ears pierced once I got to a certain goal. *Seemed to me like I was the one doing all the work , though ;) I kept getting texts from her wondering how close we were to our reward, while I'm eating salad and she's having ice cream. ;)*
Anyway...I finally made it. So we decided we would go get a cartiliage piercing while she was home for fall break. We even talked our brother's girlfriend Lydia into doing it with us. We decided to get what is called an outer conch piercing. Which is kind of like a lot of the cartiliage piercings you see, but more on the flat part of your ear and not the curve. Here is Amanda with a funny sign at the shop:
Truth be told it really didn't hurt too bad. We had fun getting our matching earrings and just hanging out for a little bit. Here's some pictures of the piercing. 
Amanda and Lydia's are the same, but with a red/white gem instead. Maybe next time we have a girls' day out we can do something that doesn't involve me eating salad for weeks. :)
1 comment:
That's awesome! I'm sure Amanda was encouraging during your salad eating. :)
Post a Comment