Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank Heaven for Little Boys Dinos

The other day I took Merrick shopping for his birthday, which is actually today! *Happy Birthday to my little man! My life is so blessed with you in it.* We were wandering around Toys R' Us, just kind of trying to see what he might want. This costume was not it.

Now I'm pretty sure I know why parents don't like taking their kids in Toys R' Us. I mean, I love the store, so much fun, but the 2 hooligans together in the store? Not so much. Merrick repeatedly telling me to put "Dino, back" wasn't so much fun either.

He had decided he didn't want to be a dino for Halloween, even though Mom thought that it was hilarious. Tirzah was also adding to the fun with a little high-pitched dramatics of her own. I had to hold her and push the cart...

...the same cart that my almost 2-year-old version of Evil Knievel was attempting to dive out of.

He was desperate to do anything to get away from the dinosaur costume that he was being oh-so-heartlessly forced to share his seat with.

We finally settled on a couple of presents, and vacated the premises before they asked us to leave. Although I'm sure I'm not the first frazzled mom they've seen. ;)

And what do you know...when I finally got him home and tried on the dreaded dino...He LOVED it. He got mad when I took it off, and when I decided to have a little dino photo shoot.

For the last 2 years, since Merrick made his appearance after a crazy 20+ hour labor...my life has been anything but dull. I have become a chauffeur, a short order cook, a laundromat, a jungle gym, a kisser of boo-boos, a retriever of the pacifiers and blankies, a bed-time prayer, and a spectator to some of the craziest stunts a mom would rather not see.

I wouldn't change a thing. We love you, Merrick Wilder. Happy birthday, our sweet, happy, crazy, blond wildman. We thank God for you every day.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I was almost in Toys R Us with my two the other day, to do birthday shopping for my nut.....but I couldn't find it. Probably better for me.

In Everything said...

I love the Dino-boy!! What an adorable costume... I can tell he was loving it:) And super photoshoot Momma:)

Happy 2nd Birthday, Merrick!!!

I totally understand the transition from married woman to Momma!! BIG change but one I've never regretted or have wanted to change... even in those "holding crying baby while pushing cart with crazed toddler" moments:)

Ummm 20+ labor.... wow!! Yes, my "wild man" came 10 days early... wasn't expecting him at all after we had Thanksgiving Dinner at my house since I couldn't travel:)