Thursday, December 3, 2009

...and Scrooge liked it.

I had to do a little arm twisting to get our house decorated for Christmas. I have mentioned previously that my usually so cooperative and helpful husband is something of a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. He argues with me every time I say this...but I told him it was pretty much set in stone when he told me that Christmas music made him depressed. ;) Who says that kind of thing? Um, Scrooge.

He told me yesterday that he would get all our decorations out of the shed so that we could put them up. Yes, I probably could get them out myself...I'm all for being efficient and taking care of things myself, but there are bugs in the shed. I don't handle bugs very well as you know. So I waited.
When he got home, it was pouring down rain. Like we really need more rain over here at the swamp. :) So he tried to put off my little Christmas decorating event that was planned for the evening.

I had to do a little good old fashioned pouting, but he finally decided to get the stuff into the house. I decided to spare him the Christmas music, because that just might have made him move out. Wouldn't want to depress anyone you know. ;)

I'm thinking that now that everything is up he's feeling a little better about Christmas...and we did actually have a great time putting up all the decorations together. Thankfully Tirzah was napping, and Merrick has only pulled half the ornaments off the tree already. This photo is of him plotting to unplug it. I used to use this spray-on pet repellent on the tree before we had kids, to keep my cat from climbing our tree and eating the ornaments. I wish they made one for kids. ;)

This week over at YouCapture the theme was *Tell a story using photos that make you happy*. I can hardly tell a story on this blog without using photos. I can hardly walk around my house without taking photos, who am I kidding. Not like that's noticeable or anything. And infecting Scrooge with my overflowing Christmas cheer definitely makes me happy, too. There's hope for that boy yet. ;)

Photobucket

10 comments:

FireMom said...

I love this story. I laughed at the, "Um, scrooge," line. Perfect.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

These are great photos. I have the Willow Tree nativity but can't put it out yet with my little bandits always sneaking off with my Wise men.

Really beautiful shots.

Steph

Colleen said...

Great photos and great story.

Kathleen said...

What a sweet story! My hubby is like that too--he gets all the stuff out but then wants me to do the rest. "This is supposed to be a lovely family event," I remind him every year. Oh well!

Mendie said...

what pretty decorations! good luck keeping all the ornaments on the tree!

Sarah Jones said...

Great photos! My hubby is being a scrooge this year too. At least pouting worked on yours... : )

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm not alone w/that type of HUBBY - hence why our tree is still not up after 2 failed attempts already. Although mine can tolerate Christmas music - just not the slow ones.

Great pictures and a great story to boot ;)

Cara S. said...

Great Photos! I am mentally preparing myself for this weekend when we too, will decorate...I love it when it is all done but dragging out all the boxes (er) that's another story! I just stopped by your blog for the first time! I am going to follow now. Stop by and see me when you get a chance!

Michelle Pixie said...

Still working on my hubby over here to get all of our decorations out...I think I've convinced him that tomorrow night will be a perfect night for pizza and Christmas decorations! *fingers crossed* I love your happy!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I'm still trying to get my husband to help me drag the boxes of decorations down from the attic space...good to know I'm not alone! I'm going to try some good old fashioned pouting tonight, and see if that works!