Monday, December 7, 2009

No Rest for the Weary

It always seems ironic to me that kids, who don't appreciate sleep at all, get the most of it. :) I mean, I love sleep...please, I'll take a nap and sleep for 12 hours a night any day. Sleep should be appreciated. But no...there must always be weeping and wailing at bedtime. Begging to watch TV *that Merrick really won't watch anyway* or to have a snack, or to have more tractors added to the growing pile in his crib.

Miss Tirzah hasn't, as of yet, been quite the sleeper Merrick has. But she's working on it. Last night she went for 11 hours...much to our relief. Right now we are just thankful that she is a hard sleeper, when she actually sleeps. At the taking of this photo Billy was watching the Texas-Nebraska game...and not very quietly either. She slept right through it, although I'm not sure how. She seems to have a little more faith in The Longhorns than we did...Billy was watching the game through his fingers and pacing around the room. She had no doubts they'd pull off that last second win. ;)



This week at I Heart Faces the theme was Sweet Dreams...check out their site for more great photos!

15 comments:

Emmy said...

Beautiful picture! And yes, I would happily take a nap, so I don't know why my kids fight it so much. :)

Photogramommy said...

Very pretty! I agree, I think all the time when my boys fight me about sleeping that it's too bad they don't appreciate all the sleep they can get now...or the rides in the stroller, or riding in the grocery cart, etc........;-)

stacy: the aunt with gum said...

How precious!

Tezzie said...

Lovely! Great composition and softness with the blanket. Great shot as always! :D

Anonymous said...

Love this picture. So adorable.

It's The Young's Y'all said...

I love this photo! All bundled up like a burrito! And arn't pappies Great???

BlondeShot Creative said...

sweet sleeping baby shot, the colors go great

dmauton said...

Such a beautiful photo.

Jessi said...

Aw, sweet baby girl. I have a present for her...I'll send it when I get done with it. Miss you!

Michelle Pixie said...

Beautiful! You are so right about the sleep, but I think so much is wasted on the young. If only I could go back I wouldn't be in such a hurry to be older!! ;)

Shana Putnam said...

This is so precious. I love this photo and the paci pics are always great I think.

In Everything said...

I am thankful my kiddies sleep well though the night!! I'll be wishing or these full night sleeps in a couple of months:)

Tirzah is too cute;) I"m glad she's a sound sleeper:) Will be really nice if she is a sounds sleeper... mine are very sound sleepers and it is nice;)

Michelle said...

What a sweet picture of Miss Tirzah!! Love it.Thanks for the blog comment..

Christy said...

Beautiful capture!

Britt said...

Thanks for the comment. I love this picture! She is just so beautiful! Y'all should have more! ;)