Sometimes blogging gets me into trouble. Not because I say things I shouldn't or anything. I don't think anyway. But mostly because when I attempt to do it while Merrick is still awake, and not strapped in to something, I end up with some kind of mess to clean up. Sometimes I just get an idea and don't want to let it float off into oblivion...but maybe I should just try leaving myself
future blog post notes or something.

I thought that Merrick was occupied. Tirzah was happily rolling around on the floor. Rolling is her favorite means of transportation these days. Merrick was watching Jungle Book *for the 1,437,645th time* and eating cheez-its. I
thought I had a few seconds to upload some pictures and write a little. The problem? I didn't think there was one until I went to run some bath water a while later.

I thought I had cheated the system this once. Blog post done, kids still alive, house not burned down, people happily eating formula and cheez-its...it's a good night. I knew Merrick was playing in my trunk of "
clothes I don't really wear but keep cuz I feel bad getting rid of them". He plays in there alot. It keeps him busy, and keeps him out of greater evils...like the drawers where I keep my real clothes.

But I didn't realize he had relocated my ex-wardrobe to the bathtub. He did this right under my nose and I didn't even notice. Sneaky sneaky. Kind of embarrassing, too. Because I should learn my lesson by now:
Thou shalt not blog, or breathe, when Merrick is on the loose.
No comments:
Post a Comment