Friday, March 12, 2010

Stroller Derby

The weather this week has been wonderful. It seems even nicer I think after the piles of white stuff we've been buried under for months. I have had the windows open, in the house and the car, as much as possible. Much to Merrick's dismay...he hates the car windows open. It messes up his hair. It takes a lot of work to get that hair-do. ;)

I finally took the kids on a walk for the first time since it got too cold for the 3 of us. It had probably been since last fall sometime. Not much has changed except how big Tirzah has gotten. Merrick still treats a walk like an off-roading event...or the X-Games as you can see. Straps and buckles were made for this guy. But at the same time, straps just don't seem to cut it. The things he's gotten out of...

He kept himself busy telling me where I should drive the stroller, as you can see from the pointing going on in the above shot. Most of the routes he thought we should take involved muddy driveways that I don't live on, grassy shoulders that look like way more of a workout than I wanted, and rocks. (PLEASE, Mommy...drive through the rocks.)

When he wasn't being a backseat stroller-driver...he was making the above face at passing cars, and yelling "what's doing?!". I'm his mother, so I think it's cute. But, when I look at it in this picture? It's kind of scary. Kind of like he's thinking about eating our neighbors. I do hope they didn't get the wrong idea about us...we really are nice people. Pardon the child standing on his stroller seat grimacing, eh I mean smiling. ;)

Tirzah was just along for the ride. Only screamed at me a few times when her carseat hood was not in the appropriate spot to the queen's liking. Hoping for a few more days of this great weather...and a few more walks. Maybe I'll call the neighbors ahead of time to warn them. ;)

No comments: