Monday, March 1, 2010

Sparrow

I'm writing this "before the storm". Not like I'm expecting Cow Tippin, a huge event our church is doing for the students this weekend, to be bad...I just know that it's going to be busy. Hopefully busy with lots of students who are searching and wanting to know more about God.

My husband is the student pastor at a small country church, and has been for the last 2.5 years or so. While we both feel it's not where we will be forever, it's where we are now, and we are wanting to invest everything we've got in these students. It's the church we grew up in, met each other, accepted Christ...lots of history, and hopefully a great future also.

Even though our church is small, we are constantly reminded of how important our small corner of the world ministry is. The ultimate concern isn't how many seats we fill up, even though we are hoping for a great turn-out this weekend, it's that we fill each person sitting in the seat full of the good news.

Hopefully at the end of this weekend, we'll be totally and completely exhausted and excited about what went on this weekend. Hopefully there will be several hundred students who are excited about all they've heard and ready to share it with anyone who will listen, also. We're praying that's what happens.

I know we may be small, but that's never been a good excuse. God's eye is on the sparrow, and I know He's watching for something great to happen in our little corner of the backwoods this weekend.

Matthew 10:31

No comments: