This last weekend, there were more kids than usual. Our church hosted an event we affectionately dubbed Cow Tippin...it was our Disciple Now event for this year. *Disciple Now is an event complete with rallies, overnight stays at church host homes, too much pizza and soda, and lots of speaking and singing.
And lots of shaving of my husbands once full head of hair, as you can see from these two shots.
He had promised these students that if they filled our gym with 200 people, his hair would get shaved. I put up a good fight, but in the end I lost...for a good cause at least. :) But still...it kind of hurts me "right there" that the 200th person they counted was none other than Tirzah. Traitor. ;) Seriously, though...I'm so excited that we had this many students in our little home church. It was an amazing weekend for everyone involved.
We had so many amazing volunteers that made it happen, an amazing speaker and band that really brought it, and energetic students ready to hear and put into action what they heard. I hope that this weekend will stick with all of us much longer than Billy will be bald.
This week's theme at You Capture was "Hopeful"...check out the link for more great photos and blogs!

No comments:
Post a Comment